My guiding principles for working are:
- enthusiasm for language
- accuracy, diligence, and precision
- combined with creativity and imagination
- respect towards the special characteristics and individual style of a text
- discretion and confidentiality
Some further information about translations, editing, proof-reading and formalities and the work process:
- The common file formats are accepted and files will be returned in the same format or in the format of your choice.
- If so desired, edits or corrections can be made in the „track changes“ mode, otherwise they are simply integrated into the text.
- Texts can also be edited on paper, with annotations and the traditional proof-reader’s marks.
- Each text will be worked on at least twice, i.e. after the first round of translation or editing/proof-reading, the text is read and edited once more.
- The texts are translated or edited/proof-read exclusively by me. Commissions will not be sub-contracted without your permission, unless you explicitly request a final check by another pair of eyes.